This agreement is designed for Affiliates, SpecVIP Protection Group Inc., VIP Local Asset Network members, customers and our industry. It applies to digital products and subscriptions on both the SpecVIP.ca and the VIPlocalasset.com websites. However, both affiliate programs are treated as separate accounts and individuals or organizations signed up as affiliates for both will apply this agreement independently. To be an affiliate for the VIP Local Asset Network, you must be a Professional level member in excess of 30 days.
To register as a SpecVIP affiliate you must have and maintain a professional reputation within the industry, both online and offline. Inappropriate online and offline activity may result in a temporary suspension or permanent termination of your affiliate account. We reserve the right to cancel any affiliate accounts, without providing an explanation for any reason we deem fit. Cancelled accounts will be paid out any affiliate commissions within 30 days of cancellation.
In an effort to ensure quality control and reduce the potential for content dilution, we may limit the number of affiliates in a particular region, niche or within the market in general. All applications will be reviewed for reputation and market saturation.
We review and moderate all affiliate registrations, and we appreciate your accurate and honest information. Please note that the review process may take some time and we appreciate your patience.
If you’re approved, you’ll be given a unique referral ID that you can use to promote via referral links. Check out your private Affiliate Area for visits and referrals information, creatives, graphs and more.
Commissions and payouts
You’ll earn a 20% commission when a customer purchases a new digital product or a subscription using your referral link.
We pay out affiliate commissions in Canadian dollars directly to your bank account or debit card in the first week of every month. As we have a 30-day money-back guarantee, we only pay commissions that are older than 30 days. The minimum payout balance is $100.00 and there’s no maximum payout balance.
In order to receive a payout for your referrals, you must register your bank account or debit card with our payouts service. Bank transfer and/or service fees may apply.
We do not allow referrals to be generated on your own purchases. Recurring referrals are only available for annual level VIP Local Asset Network Professional subscriptions, with no break in membership.
We do not provide referral commissions on in-person courses sold through the website. The referral commission is for digital products and subscriptions only.
Here are the details of our program in summary:
- To register as an affiliate for the VIP Local Asset Network you must have an active Pro Level VIP Local Asset Network account that you own
- You must have held that account for 30+ days
- You must also have and maintain a professional reputation within the industry, both online and offline
- You’ll receive a commission for every new sale you refer and referral commissions on Pro level Annual VIP Local Asset Network accounts
- Minimum payout balance of $100.00, and no maximum payout (we pay in CAD)
- Commissions older than 30 days will be paid within the first week of each month
- Referrals are paid out to your bank account or debit card and transfer fees or bank fees may apply.
- Referrals cannot be generated on your own purchases (this includes using a different email address).
- Referrals cannot be generated for in-person courses or services
Referral cookie lifetime
When a potential customer clicks on your referral link, a cookie is stored in their browser to track your referral. The cookie is then stored for 30 days to give your referred customers time to decide if they wish to purchase SpecVIP products or ask any pre-sale questions.
A referral won’t be awarded if:
- The customer uses a different browser to purchase than the one they originally used to visit our site (because the cookie does not exist in that browser)
- The customer purchases after 30 days (because the cookie will expire).
Referrals older than 30 days and in good standing (i.e. the purchase has not been refunded) will be included with each commission payout (if the commission balance totals $100.00 or over). If a purchase is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was refunded
- The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the Affiliate Agreement.
Affiliate news and updates
By becoming an affiliate you agree to receive emails from SpecVIP Protection Group Inc. These emails will be sent to affiliates only, on an ad-hoc basis, and may include important information regarding the affiliate program. These emails will also provide you with relevant news and updates to help you effectively promote SpecVIP products. As an affiliate, you may be privy to embargoed or time-sensitive information in these emails (this information may only be promoted after an embargo is lifted). And we won’t spam you, ever – promise!
Affiliate application rejection
We reserve the right to reject affiliate applications for any reason. We also reserve the right to choose whether we provide an explanation or reasoning for affiliate application rejection. Below are just a few reasons why an application may be rejected (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Affiliate applications for websites that sell, advertise or engage in pornography, phishing scams, spamming, illegal business practices or that include any material infringing on National or International Copyright will be rejected.
- Affiliate applications for websites or businesses that we believe are not aligned with our industry or business may be rejected.
- If you apply to become an affiliate and you have not purchased a Professional level VIP Local Asset Network account, then your application may be rejected.
- If you apply to become an affiliate and it has been less than 30 days since you opened a professional VIP Local Asset Network account, your application may be rejected.
- Affiliate applicants with websites that re-sell any of our products will be rejected.
- Businesses and Websites considered inappropriate by SpecVIP Protection Group Inc. will be rejected.
- Businesses or individuals in a region or digital.
The following types of sites are not permitted to become an affiliate: adult sites, sites that display adult material or banners, sites that promote violence, hatred or bigotry, sites that promote or engage in illegal activity, including (but not limited to), hacking, cracking, nulled, and warez sites. Affiliate applications for inappropriate websites will be rejected, and we reserve the right to choose whether or not to provide a rejection reason.
Questions regarding your application
When you apply to become an affiliate we may email you at the email address you have supplied with some questions regarding your application. This may be because:
- We didn’t understand something in your application, or,
- We’d like to learn a bit more about how you will promote SpecVIP Protection Group Inc. and need a little more detail.
- If we reach out to you and we haven’t heard back within 7 days, your application may be rejected. If your initial application is rejected, you are welcome to reapply to become an affiliate and provide us with more detail for reconsideration.
Dormant affiliate accounts
An affiliate account is considered dormant if no visits have been generated after a 6-month period. A dormant affiliate account will be temporarily deactivated if no visits have been generated after 6 months.
SpecVIP Affiliate Program Policies
Allowed promotional methods
How you promote SpecVIP is reflected in the commission you earn. We encourage the use of promotional methods that add value to SpecVIP and bring us legitimate, loyal customers. We love it when our team of affiliates blog about our products and courses.
Here are a few examples of awesome promotional methods to earn more commission:
Tell clients, customers or friends about SpecVIP and the VIP Local Asset Network; and give them your affiliate referral link.
Write a review or a blog post about anything related to Executive or Close protection and link to our site with your referral link.
Reach out to a broad audience with your social network accounts. Tweet about us on Twitter with your affiliate referral link, post about us on Facebook with your affiliate link, or communicate to your Linkedin followers about us with your affiliate link. Spam-free promotion is a great way to get more referrals.
Provide value to others by answering related questions on other sites with helpful responses, and using your referral link in your replies.
Prohibited promotional methods
We love and back our product 100%, and we are very careful with how it’s promoted, so we want affiliates who are 100% behind us too! The prohibited promotional methods listed below aren’t meant to scare you off – they’re here to protect you, us, and our customers from any freaky or fraudulent activity, which is something we take pretty seriously. We know you’ll understand. But here they are in writing just in case you’re not totally sure what is and what isn’t allowed.
SpecVIP and the VIP Local Asset Network may not be promoted on coupon sites
Customers who are searching for a coupon are already in the market for our products, so this method adds no value.
If you have been provided with an affiliate coupon code, this is for your direct contacts only. It may not be shared online or on any social platform. Failure to abide by this may result in the suspension or deactivation of your affiliate account.
Paid advertising using your affiliate link is prohibited
Buying ads through services like Google AdWords, social ads, or retargeting ads using our brand keywords and your affiliate link will result in affiliate account deactivation.
Promoting incorrect or misleading information
Any promotional activity that shares incorrect or misleading information will result in affiliate account deactivation. This includes false information intended to click-bait potential customers. If you are unsure of the correct information or details for promoting our products, please contact us.
Any type of spam is prohibited
Links, ads, emails, comments… any type of spam. Please respect the posting rules of any 3rd-party websites you use to promote our products. P.S. This is not an exhaustive list of spam methods; if we decide that your activity is spam, it’s spam.
Any illegal activity or activity deemed offensive by us is prohibited
This may result in referrals being rejected and/or your affiliate account being deactivated. See above for allowed promotional methods!
We’re flattered, but please don’t pretend to be professionally associated with SpecVIP Protection Group Inc.
Affiliates aren’t employees of SpecVIP Protection Group Inc. or The VIP Local Asset Network and have no employee rights.
Pretending to actually be SpecVIP or the VIP Local Asset Network is prohibited
Cloning our site, copying our site, using our copyrighted site assets, and pretending that a site created by you is an official SpecVIP site is unethical and prohibited (this includes using services that automatically clone websites, or place them into iframes).
Again, false promotion to customers that you are endorsed or operated by SpecVIP is prohibited.
If you’re unsure or concerned that some activity you’re about to proceed with may be considered prohibited, please ask us.
Consequences of unauthorized promotional methods
If your promotional methods step outside of these terms, your referrals may be rejected and we may disable your affiliate account. We reserve the right to do this and may or may not notify you in the instance that this occurs. Please use the allowed promotional methods, and help us to help you succeed as an affiliate!
Changes to Agreement
We reserve the right to change the terms of this agreement at any time, with or without notice.